Friday, April 25, 2008

A Shoutout To My BRO

I would like to hereby state that Ryan is the MAN. The reason why can be summed up in three words:

Imagine Whirled Peace


(click on "What's New" for the above link)

Okay, I do have more words. It is YUMMY!! I have found with this flavor, as with most other Ben & Jerry flavors, that it gets old after a little bit, so I eat a little bit at a time. I must say, I was very pleasantly surprised at how good it is. I got some while I was at the store on a milk run, because I remembered Ryan saying it was yummy, and it did not disappoint.

Odd side note: As I was checking out, the cashier (teenage boy) studied the label, read it out loud, and proceeded to ask me if it tasted like John Lennon. What am I supposed to say to that? This was the same kid who threw his "THIS LANE IS CLOSED" sign at me while I was busy unloading my stuff onto the conveyor belt, though. Seriously, I was putting my groceries on there, not paying attention to him because he was taking care of the person in front of me, and all of a sudden the sign clatters onto the belt right in front of me. I didn't actually see him toss it, and I'm looking around up at the magazines, wondering where the heck this THING had come from, and then I turn it over and see what it is. Um, why do you not, I don't know, GET MY ATTENTION and then hand it to me and ask me to put it at the end of the conveyor belt?? Weirdo. I was very, very tempted to ask him if he threw it at me just to see what he'd say.

Later he waxed poetic on how he realized that he sounded like John Lennon the other day because he was saying why can't all religions get along. Then, and this is the kicker, he says "...some people don't believe in God...they're weird like that. [blah, blah] I shouldn't really talk about religion at work, though, because I might offend somebody and get fired." You think? Now, he at least got the impression that I was religious, because earlier I had said that I don't agree with having no religion when he referenced the line in the song "Imagine", but that was before I realized that I was inadvertently encouraging a monologue. Anyway, he meant well, but yeah, these days you really have to watch what you say at work. All in all, a weird interaction. Just sell me my Ben & Jerry's and let me leave!!

3 comments:

dan said...

This is what you should say:

"Yes, yes it does"

or perhaps

"No, it tastes like your mom"

annahannah said...

it tastes like a THIS LANE IS CLOSED sign being thrown at you. Then he looks at you and goes, "huh??", whereupon you pick up a lane divider and throw it at him. (cause you can't reach the this lane is closed sign)

Ihrayeep said...

*bows*