Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Blakely...

I should explain where the name "Blakely" comes from. We had a pet name for Jenna when I was pregnant with her (although it escapes me at the moment), so we wanted to do the same for this baby. We had just gotten a baby name book (for free, of course), and Braden opened it at random and pointed at the page without looking. He was specifically looking for a dumb name, and Blakely was the result. Quite honestly, I don't think it's as hideous as Braden seems to think, although I wouldn't name my kid that, just because there are so many other names I like much better.
So I don't mind it. It's better than Bruce.

Does anyone remember what we were calling Jenna? Keep it clean, folks...this is a family blog. :)

4 comments:

annahannah said...

i don't remember. But i DO remember that that video you posted with the obnoxious mother in the park---I am pretty sure the kid's name was blakely.

Ker said...

What video are you talking about?

Carolyn said...

I really like your baby count down. I tried to add one to my blog, but unfortunately our blogs are hosted on regoarrarr.com instead of blogspot.com so I can't upgrade to layouts. grrr. maybe dan can do something about that.

annahannah said...

sorry, it was "brantly" and it is posted (the video) on my page on feb 28th.