Sunday, April 27, 2008

An Early Anniversary Tag

What is his name? Braden

How long have you been together? Including dating about 3 years

How long did you date? If you only count from when we actually met each other, it was a little less than 5 months until we were married.

Who eats more? Braden, but when I'm prego I might match him. :)

Who said I love you first? He said "I love you" for a while before I was comfortable enough to say it back. I was REALLY commitment-shy.

Who is taller? He is.

Who sings better? Me, but I'm shy about that, too. He likes to sing in choir, and I don't particularly like to.

Whose temper is worse? Mine. I get irritated at dumb things sometimes. Braden's really easygoing, and it takes a heck of a lot to get him riled up.

Who does the laundry? We take turns-ish.

Who does the dishes? We take turns with that, too, although I think it's fair to say whoever cooks doesn't have to clean up. Braden's pretty good about doing dishes, which I really appreciate. He has been awesome lately. Nothing makes me want to cook less than a huge mess in the kitchen.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? If you're standing at the foot of the bed looking at it, I sleep on the right side. For some reason, Braden can't sleep if he's on the right...we tried a couple of times, and he had a horrible night's sleep both times. It doesn't matter to me which side I'm on; I can sleep on either side.

Who pays the bills? Braden.

Who cooks dinner? Mostly me. But Braden will occasionally cook. He makes a mean bowl of Ramen, baby.

Who drives when you are together? Braden. Pretty much I hate driving if I don't know where I'm going, and he doesn't like being in the passenger's seat, so it works out for both of us.

Who is more stubborn? Hmm...that's a tough one! I'd have to say we're both pretty stubborn about certain things, but they are usually not the same things, thankfully.

Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Probably me.

Whose parents do you see the most? Braden's, but hello, we live many, many miles away from my family.

Who kissed who first? I kissed Braden, because he knew I had to be the one to make the first move, because of my commitment-shy-ness. I pretty much had to take things really slowly, because of previous bad relationships, and Braden was really, really patient with me, which is honestly the only way it would have worked out.

Who asked who out? We met online, so it wasn't that kind of a thing. I sent him a "flirt" message first, saying something like "Hey, do you want to chat?" because I thought his profile was funny, and it went from there. Basically, I had a free account, and I didn't want to pay to be able to initiate chats, so I sent these "flirts" and if the guy was a paying member, he could initiate a chat. Turns out Braden could and did!

Who proposed? Braden did, at the airport where we'd first met (baggage claim). I knew he was going to, but I didn't think it would be in such a public place, so I told him, "get up, what are you doing??" So he did, and I said, "wait, you can't propose to me standing up; kneel back down!!" Haha, poor guy! Anyway, he proposed to me with a cz ring (which was really pretty, btw) because he didn't have the actual ring yet (it was in WA), and then he surprised me a month or two later with the real ring. That time, I was definitely not expecting it; he took me to a quiet park and totally surprised me. He stopped the car at one point before we got there, and said he had to get something else out of the trunk (really the box with the ring in it), and I got out and came around, causing him to freak out hiding it again (I didn't even notice). Oops.

Who is more sensitive? That would be me. But Braden can be sensitive, too.

Who has more friends? We probably have the same amount, but most of our friends now are friends with both of us.

Who wears the pants in the family? On Sundays, Braden does. The rest of the week, we all wear them. :)