Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Little Good News

Well, I have been meaning to post this for about a week now, but other things were going on, like birthdays and celebrations..and candles stuck to plates.

We are expecting baby number two! I'll be 13 weeks along on Friday, and the due date is October 24th. Ryan has given his permission for the baby to come into the world as long as it doesn't come a day early. :) Actually, the due date is Braden's Granna's birthday, so that's pretty neat.

I've had my suspicions about fetal movement since 10 1/2 weeks along, but I wasn't positive until last Friday at 12 weeks. I was grocery shopping with Jenna, and the baby definitely made its presence known! I guess he/she wanted some frozen vegetables? I actually did some research on fetal movement a couple of weeks ago, because I kept thinking, "I really think that's the baby, but isn't this way too early?" And I guess it's not unheard of, but it certainly isn't common. In contrast, I felt Jenna kicking at about 16 weeks.

Out of curiosity, oh those who have been pregnant, when did you first feel the baby move? Was it much earlier the second (or third, fourth, fifth, etc) time around?

6 comments:

Braden said...

When my wife was pregnant with our first baby, she first felt movement at about 16 weeks.

Ker said...

When my husband wanted to be a smart aleck, it was about 9:08pm on April 16, 2008. It wasn't the first time, though. Oh, no.

dan said...

I don't know about exact times, but it's definitely more common to feel the baby earlier with successive pregnancies.

I'm sure "the expert" will weigh in once she wakes up and reads this.

Carolyn said...

Um, not sure. I didn't feel Amy move until I was far along, Like 19 weeks or so. With my other kids I remember feeling baby swishes around 15 weeks or so. I've noticed, though, the more kids I have, the less I notice the new pregnancy. The baby could be moving all around and I'm so busy running around with kids crawling all over me that I hardly notice. In fact, frequently I'd have to lay down and start poking my belly to make the baby move just so I know he or she was ok in there!

I thought I noticed a little movement a few days ago, but I also thought it was too early for such things so I wrote it off. Maybe it was the baby after all.
I'm so happy for you guys!

annahannah said...

it is not unheard of. Esp if it isn't your first baby which it isn't. And you are so thin, that probably has something to do with it also.

annahannah said...

and, no, this is not the first time your hubbin has been a smart aleck.