Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Hotness

So for probably more than a month now, I have not worn socks. For those who know me well, this is momentous. I am normally always cold. Since I got home on Saturday night, I have begged for the fan to be on at night, and Braden has moaned every time, because he's not hot or he's a good temperature. BUT I DIE!!! I just told him that I think I need to move the fan over to my side, because pointing it at the end of the bed from his side ain't cuttin' it, yo. He replied that he thinks I got like this (temperature-wise) around this time during my pregnancy with Jenna, too. I don't remember that well enough to say either way, but one thing to also consider is that this is my first time going through the summer in the later stages of pregnancy, so that probably factors in as well.

Now that I have informed you all, I'm going upstairs to blast the fan while I read my book. Jenna was testing me a lot today, and I didn't really have the patience for it, since we had to get up at 6:30 to drive Braden to work so I could have the car for my appointment. Mama Bear needs her sleep to be able to put up with toddlers who stand up on the couch with big grins on their faces when they know they're not supposed to. Grrr.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Get your hubbin' to buy you an A/C that goes in the window. I have 2 of these at my house, and they are LIFESAVERS! You'll pay a lot for one in this weather, but I guarantee you'll definitely feel it was worth it once it's turned on. I am a happy (and cool!) pregnant person, and I owe it to my hubby and the A/C.

Gina

Ker said...

Thanks for the tip. I don't know that it would be worth it, though, since the summer's almost over and also because we can hear EVERYTHING when we open the window, which makes it difficult for me to sleep. I actually closed the window last night when it was opened for the first time, because this van was idling *forever*. I guess it would depend how much it is and how loud it is, to drown out any outside noise.