Saturday, August 16, 2008

Crib

I found out about a free crib a couple days ago, followed up on it and not only is it free, but the owner is delivering it to our place in a week and a half. Sweet!! I guess she'll be driving past this area then and offered to bring it up when I mentioned that we'd have to borrow a bigger vehicle to get it to our place. The only catch is that it doesn't have a mattress, since they are using the mattress for their son's new toddler bed. But it shouldn't be too difficult to find one, either on craigslist, or, if we must, we can buy one elsewhere. I'd rather go the craigslist route first, though. Spoken like a true relative of Dan. :)

Anyway, since we will soon have the crib, which is sooner than expected, this will motivate us to clean up the baby's room, which is currently the "stuff" room. It needs to be done anyway, and I'd rather get it done now than when I'm about to give birth, for sure.

I'm really grateful that we've been able to get so many things for our kid(s) either for free or for relatively cheap. It sure has saved us a lot of money. And there's nothing like having two girls to save money on clothes! (Except having three...anyone I know?)

2 comments:

Gina said...

There are certain things I am willing to use second hand, but a mattress isn't one of them. I know baby/kid ones are covered in vinyl, but I just can't help but wonder how much pee, poop, spit-up/vomit has come in contact with it, and no amount of disinfecting on my part will wash that out of my mind.

But that's just me. ;) Who do you know is having three girls?

Gina

Carolyn said...

I think most folks who use cribs use a liner between the sheet and the mattress. At least we always do. Plus all baby mattress are covered in like a plastic type covering which is easily disinfected, unlike the cloth covered mattresses we old folks use. So don't worry about getting a used mattress. Just make sure it's not too old. It needs to be firm and free of any rips in the outer cover.
Good luck!