Monday, June 2, 2008

Recipes of Fabulosity

I just made THE BEST HOMEMADE VANILLA MILKSHAKE EVER. It rivals anything I've ever bought at a fast food place or restaurant. It's a Paula Deen recipe from Food Network. Next time I may try a little less milk, but it was still awesome exactly as is.

Also, I found a scrumdiddlyumptious banana bread recipe from the same site, only this is an Emeril Lagasse recipe. I doubled the recipe and ended up using 5 bananas (four small-to-medium and one large). I fiddled with the time in the oven, and the second time I had it in the oven for 45 minutes, which was perfect. I was a little concerned at how brown it seemed to get, and I worried a little that it was starting to burn, but apparently that's what it's supposed to look like, because it turned out fabulously. Also, I added a little more cinnamon, a teaspoon of vanilla extract, used a 1/2 cup of butter and left out the nuts (was anyone really surprised to read that?) I'm not a big nut fan, so whenever a recipe calls for them, out they go. Same for mushrooms and onions (although sometimes I do put onion in; it depends on the recipe). So yeah, the recipe has been tweaked with a bit, but it is delicious, especially right out of the oven.

No comments: