Wednesday, June 25, 2008

We Wear Short Shorrrrrrrrrttttttts (and A Surprise...not that we wear a surprise)

Jenna is wearing a pair of shorts almost exactly like the few pairs my dad used to wear back in the 80s, maybe even into the 90s. We're talking *short*. Dan will know what I'm talking about, I think. They look really cute on a 14 month old, I must say. They do make it easier for her to get her hands in the back of her diaper, though. More on that later, if you dare to read that post, for lo, it is nasty.

I, however, do not wear short shorts, for reasons of looking extremely ridiculous if I do. I do wear Braden's shorts, though, since I can't fit into any of my own right now. Such is pregnancy.

In unrelated news, I got a haircut! It's been more than 8 months since I got my last haircut. Braden, on the other hand, has had his hair cut about 57 times since last October. While it is true that guys need to get their hair cut more often, it still seems excessive on his part. Maybe he likes that Asian hairdresser who keeps attempting to make conversation, resulting in Braden asking her to repeat herself several times for each attempt. When it came time to get my haircut, I called said lady and got off the phone as soon as possible because I couldn't understand her. I then went somewhere else. I had a lot to say about the kind of haircut I wanted, and, let's face it, if we can't communicate, it's bad times all around. Anyway, I didn't like my haircut at first, but then when I went and messed around with it a little bit a few minutes later, I really liked it and still do. She cut about 4 inches off my dead, dead and very dead hair. So it is almost shoulder-length now and much lighter. Much better for the summer, if we ever do get summer weather here. We better have a rockin' Indian summer to make up for this lousy weather, that's all I gotta say about that. And don't mess with a pregnant lady!! :)

No comments: