Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What's In A Name?

It's official. We have gotten our first ever check made out to "Brandent". Okay, I semi-understand the addition of another "n" to Braden's name, because people probably look at it and think, "Gosh oh gee whillikers, whoever typed this forgot the "n" in Branden!!" Never mind that I've never seen it spelled any other way than "Brandon", but these day, you truly never know. But adding a "t" on the end???? What goeth on?!!

Other names Braden has been called:

Branden
Brandon
Brady
Brandent
Grady
Reagan
Randy

And now for Fun Ways to Misspell Kerry's Name!

Carrie
Cari
Cary
Carey
Keri
Kerrie
Kerri
Kari
Karrie
(your entry here)

And I can't tell you how many times I've been called Kelly, even in emails where my name is prominently displayed at least twice, and often right above where they have typed "Dear Kelly..." It's really not that difficult, folks. IT'S RIGHT THERE.

The kicker in letter-y goodness: Mr. Kerry...we'd like to invite you to join the army!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I understand your pain. I can't tell you how many times I've been called Caroline to my face. And then there's the people who know my name is pronounced Carolyn but they still spell it Caroline. At least there aren't a thousand different annoying spellings for my name...