Saturday, September 20, 2008

It's Gettin' Down To The Wire...

I can't believe I only have a little over a month to go before the new baby's here. Craziness.

Am I ready? Not really. Is anyone ever really ready to add to their brood and deal with all the many challenges that come with having a newborn? I think sometimes we think we're ready, and certainly a lot of women get really, really tired of being pregnant in the third trimester, myself included. But I also think that even if we're not at all ready, Heavenly Father helps us rise to the occasion and be able to do everything we need to. I firmly believe that we aren't given any trials that we can't overcome, even though it may seem like we're about to drown at the time we're going through them. I look back at how difficult my postpartum recovery was after having Jenna and quite honestly, there is no way that I would ever want to go through that again. I really do think that a C-section would have been preferable compared to the extreme pain I suffered for between 2 and 3 months (or more) after the birth. However, I did get through it, painful as it was. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, but I did it, and was able to take care of Jenna, too (thank goodness for my mother helping out for 2 1/2 weeks, though). It can be done! :)

That said, I certainly hope that this time around, labor and delivery will be easier and smoother. Not to go into too much detail, here, but my midwife told me that she had a mother who went through the same ordeal I did with her first, who just had her second with no problems. That made me feel a lot better, even though there's no guarantee with mine, but just knowing that it's possible is great! My midwife said that this mother shared a lot of my anxiety about having the same kind of complications with her second, but luckily, it went really smoothly for her and her baby. I'm crossing my fingers!

No comments: