Wednesday, March 5, 2008

ScribeFire

So, to clarify, what we now have is a blog editor called ScribeFire, which is a Firefox add on. (Braden just set up Firefox for me on my computer yesterday.)

"ScribeFire (previously Performancing for Firefox) is a full-featured
blog editor that integrates with your browser and lets you easily post
to your blog. You can drag and drop formatted text from pages you are
browsing, take notes, and post to your blog."

Basically, I click on the icon on the bottom left of my screen, and a textbox pops up (not unlike Blogger itself in its presentation). I can then type what I want, add pictures and links, and then click "Publish to [insert your blog name here]." Then it gives you the option of viewing the blog you just published to. You can have a bunch of different blogs, and you just specify which one you want to work with.

It's cool because I can be logged into Blogger only in ScribeFire, and also logged into Gmail (which is a different password) at the same time, which was the main reason I hated posting, since I always had to log out and log in a bunch of times. So...now that it is much, much easier to post, I expect we'll be posting more. Don't quote me on that, though. :)

Cheers!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I had that problem. Gmail had one password, blogger another. Dan fixed it for me in blogger. I think he just added the other "me" (the me with my gmail password) to my blogger account. Then deleted the old "me" with the other password. Something like that. I too hated having to log out of Gmail in order to blog, and then have to log back in. Very very annoying. I hope this Scribe Fire works out for you. But if not, you can still fix your different password problem through Blogger. Dan can certainly describe the process of fixing that better than I did here. :-)

annahannah said...

i certainly hope that's true. when you are so far away it is one of the only ways we know what's going on