Sunday, March 9, 2008

Garbage

About a week ago, Braden asked our landlord if he could please fax a copy of part of our lease agreement to the garbage company, who had requested it so we could prove we are new tenants. Apparently a previous tenant has an outstanding bill. So Braden sent an email to our landlord asking if it had gone through, and his response went something like this: "I apologize profusely. My wife forgot to fax the documents. My advice to you is to go to the Kinko's at [street name] and fax it from there."

Um, thanks? Does anyone else find this weird? The reason why Braden asked him to do this is because we don't know exactly where our copy is, what with the move. He has that information ready at hand and access to a fax machine, had agreed to do it and said he'd get right on it. We're not going to use him as a fax machine...he could have said no from the beginning, in which case we would probably have asked him to send us a copy of the lease agreement since our other copy is MIA. To me, the latter is more time consuming and annoying, but whatever. They do seem like nice people, but it's just weird to say, "I apologize profusely, but I'm not going to do what I promised, now go do it yourself." The funny thing is that I didn't want to ask him in the first place, and I thought it was cool that he was going to do that for us, but now I'm like, thaaaaaanks. So, I guess he may be coming tomorrow to look at something, and Braden is going to ask if he can bring another copy for us.

No comments: