Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight

Maybe I'll get some more traffic to the blog this way.  Just kidding.

I just read a couple of reviews of the movie "Twilight".  Eric D. Snider gave it a B-.  Rotten Tomatoes gives it 44%.  It seems like if you're a diehard fan of the books then for the most part you won't be disappointed.  I dunno.  I want to see it, but I will admit that the trailers I've seen have a certain cheesiness to them.  It'd be some good Mommy time for me, I think.  Braden has zero interest in seeing it, so it's a good one for me to see without him.

I'm a big fan of the books, but there are some juvenile elements in them.  They don't stop me from liking them, but you can really tell sometimes that they're meant for a teenage audience.  I actually didn't get into the books until maybe May of this year, but I'd been hearing the hype for a while.  I didn't even know that the author was Mormon until I read the jacket. 

So...bottom line: I will most likely see the movie, but I'm prepared for it to be cheesy.  I just hope it's not so cheesy that I feel cheated when I walk out of the theater.  :)

No comments: