Thursday, November 6, 2008

Craigslist

I would just like to state for the record that it is one of the most annoying things ever to contact someone about his/her listing on craigslist, ask for a phone number and/or location and have the person simply reply "yes, it is still available."  Okay, great...but I still don't know where you are or how to get ahold of you to talk about it.  If you don't want to give out your phone number, fine, but I can't come look at or buy the item if I don't know where you live.  And if you are skittish about revealing your address, maybe you shouldn't try to sell stuff on craigslist.  Grr, that's so annoying.  I really can't stand when you have several questions in an email, and the recipient ignores a bunch of them, picks and chooses what to answer, or just answers one of them.  It's not like I asked 50 questions, woman!  There were several exchanges a few weeks ago between myself and someone on craigslist, and I never got sufficient information to follow up on her listing.  So...you know what?  We never bought it, and last I saw she was still listing it.  Anyway, my post was inspired by someone else just now who is doing the same thing.  We're still looking for a crib mattress, but nothing was ever really in our immediate area until now.  So I'm hoping she replies with some information that I can actually use.  Mom leaves next week, and then we'd like to get Katie's crib set up in the Spare 'Oom.  She can technically still be in her bassinet for a little while longer, but we have the crib, and we'd like to start using it.

No comments: