Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Grunter

At various times throughout the day or night, the following can be heard:

"You are such a little grunter!" 

This is said about Katie.  She grunts more than I would ever have believed possible.  She grunts when she's going to sleep, when she's waking up, when you move her, when she's pooping, when Jenna kicks her in the head, etc, etc.  Okay, that last one is a joke, but she is a master grunter.  This is why when she was in our room or right outside in the hall, I could not get to sleep, EVER.  She has been downstairs in her bassinet in the dining room for a few days now, and it has been so much better for me...I can actually get to sleep!  Of course, it's rare to get more than two hours at a time, but it's much better than no sleep at all because she's so loud.  We have the baby monitor down on the dining room table, and I can usually hear Katie starting to wake up.  Lately, she'll scream a couple of times, so I'll go downstairs, and then she's asleep again.  Annoying!  So I lay down on the couch until she really and truly wakes up, which sometimes can be an hour and a half!  I wish the couch were more comfortable, but since I have some health issues right now, I can't seem to find a comfortable position.  I'm hoping that I will soon be back to normal.  It doesn't help that I'm very anxious about my mom leaving in a few days, and, hey, let's face it, this time of year is never good for my serotonin levels. 

All right, back to my little grunter.  Lo, she grunteth for attention. 

No comments: