Monday, July 14, 2008

Trip

"Hi. I'm 6 months pregnant, I have a one-year-old with me, and I have 30 minutes to get to my connecting flight once we land. What can you do for me?"

Hee hee. But I am actually going to say something similar to the above, because my seat is not in the front of the plane, and I need to get my booty off the plane and onto my other flight immediately. I hope it works out, that Jenna is good, and that I'm able to handle everything that comes my way. I've always been out of my element in airports, since I rarely fly, so even when it's just me, I'm usually anxious when I am in an airport. Especially since I think I've flown maybe 3 times since 9/11, and all these crazy "rules and regs" throw me for a loop. Yeah, like my toddler's not going to book it as soon as I put her down to put my shoes back on. :)

I just called United to see if I can bring my umbrella stroller onto the plane, and as long as it's less than 45 inches, I can put it in the overhead bin. We're about to measure it and see....dunno. If it's longer than that, then I guess they put it in cargo for a "fee", but then I also have to wait around for them to get it back out, which is pretty much a no-go. Luckily, it looks like my connecting flight is not very far from where I land, but I still will need to check in to my other flight as soon as I get off the plane, and I won't have much time to sit around and wait for them to get my stroller to me...

...but I am in luck!! The stroller is 41 1/2 inches!! Yay!!! I am thrilled about that. Being able to bring it will really help me out a ton. Jenna's usually pretty good about being in a stroller, since she knows she's strapped in, and that way, I not only don't have to carry her, but I can also do the security dance without worrying about her running away while I'm trying to do all that. Hooray!!!

As you can tell, this post was kind of play by play. Now, my mac and cheese is about to come out of the oven, and after we eat, I'm going to start packing for real and see if there's anything else we need before we go. It's almost go time!!

No comments: