Friday, July 11, 2008

Grateful

I just wanted to say that I'm very grateful for a husband who goes out and does 10-12 hour shifts and likes doing it. I am very glad that I get to stay home with Jenna, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Except for maybe a personal chef...and a maid. :)

No, but seriously, it's funny how the different qualities of men and women help us complement each other. I don't think I have a lot of patience, but I have more when it comes to dealing with Jenna. When I was freelancing on-site last year and gone for a couple of weeks, Braden really had a wake up call with regards to how demanding it is to take care of a young child, and he sure was glad when I came back! On the other hand, I wouldn't want to trade places with him, either; the ER is supremely demanding as well, and I would be overwhelmed. It's great that we are well-suited to our individual roles, and it sure makes our family run smoother. I've come a long way since my "I'm never going to stay at home" days.

No comments: