Wednesday, July 23, 2008

None Shall Swim! What..NONE SHALL SWIM!

Let me tell you how fun it is to drag Jenna all the way out to the fitness center, get to the childcare place at 12:35, only to have them tell you the following:

Childcare worker: "You do know we close at 1, right?"
Me: "No. What time do you reopen?"
CW: "3:45. No one told you? Sorry. Yeah, we used to have a sign up on the door...I'll have to tell them to put it up again."

Yeah, that would be good. :-0

So I'm now back at the parentals typing while Jenna naps until Mom calls to let me know to pick her up from said fitness center. I'm wishing we just would've stayed home, but hindsight is 20/20, right? I'm not meant to swim!! :) Actually, I got home just now and noticed that my swimming suit still has the tags on. That would've been fun in the locker room, trying to find scissors. Hee hee.

Also, it sure inspires confidence when you walk into a childcare place, and a one or two year old is standing on top of a rather large, precarious table behind the counter. The childcare worker tried to cover her butt by grabbing him a minute later and saying, "I turn my back for a minute!!", but...it didn't really work for me, sorry. :) Here, now watch my active one-year-old, too! I know things happen, but with that many kids, you should really have more than one worker to watch them! So maybe it's a good thing we didn't get to go. ;)

No comments: