Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

Just a tip for all ya'll.

Anyway, now that I've got your attention, there is no snow currently in Cleveland. Shocker, I know. But when it's summer, it's reaaaaaaally summer here. There's none of this "Look outside, because it might be rainy and cold because Washington weather is weird even in the summer" stuff going on. Even when it's raining, it's hot.

Jenna has been having fun following other people around and staring up at them as they do various things like make food, eat, etc. By people, I mean my dad, my mom and my brother Kev. Her vulture-like tendencies expand to anyone with food, apparently. I have been enjoying her following around people other than me, I have to say. It's flattering that she likes me so much, but sometimes it's nice to go in the other room, see that she's watching Grampa, and go back into the living room and chill for a little bit. I usually can't chill for very long, but even a couple of minutes is nice. :)

We have the doors down at the end of the hall closed so Jenna can't go in them by herself, but she has super-hearing, so whenever her back is turned and someone tries to make a break for it, Jenna notices immediately and runs after them, trying to catch them before they get the door closed again. It's quite humorous, actually. Even if you manage to get into the room without her seeing, she usually figures out which room you're in, and the next thing you hear is scratching on the door. I didn't know she was on the other side of the bathroom door yesterday, so I opened it and she was caught in the act of leaning on the mirror on the other side. She didn't fall, but she gave a pretty funny balancing act routine. We were both pretty surprised to see each other. :)

I've been having a good time catching up with family and friends here. My friend Andrea was actually having her wedding shower this past weekend, so I was able to go. It was a total coincidence, actually, since I had lost touch with all my high school friends, but I called my friend Sarah to let her know that I'd be in town, and she told me about the shower. Then my friend Therese was there, and I hadn't seen her since we graduated from high school. Somebody went from kindergarten to graduating from high school since we last saw each other! It's interesting to see what all my friends are doing now and what they ended up doing for a living. It was very strange to have my worlds collide, what with Jenna and my friends meeting each other. Makes me feel old!! More on my friends later; I've actually got to get going, since Mom's going swimming, and I was going to see about going with her.

Oh, I was going to write about how cute it was that Jenna was going up to various kids in the mall play area yesterday and waving hi to them. That's a new thing for her....she loved how most would wave back. :)

I'm off!

No comments: