Monday, March 2, 2009

Primary Split

So today was our first Sunday where we split the Junior and Senior Primary. It was really hectic trying to get it all figured out, but overall I think it went well. I do think that it will be even better with time, and now I'm a believer in splitting. I wasn't in favor of it first, but the reverence sure was better this Sunday than last Sunday, although last Sunday was the worst I'd ever seen it.

Anyway, the Primary President is gone for a couple of weeks, so I have Sharing Time the next two weeks in a row. BUT, then I don't have to do it at all the month of April, so that will be a nice break. I'm actually getting better at teaching the kids, I think, but it is a lot of work, and I still get really nervous in front of people, no matter what age they may be.

In other news, I am starting to get my birthday restaurant free stuff! So far today, I got emails from Old Country Buffet, Qdoba, Hooters (yes, Hooters), Cold Stone, Dairy Queen and Buca di Beppo. Hooters and Cold Stone are the only ones so far to actually give you something for free with no strings attached; all the rest are buy one, get one free type deals. I'm still waiting for my Red Robin free meal email. I'm excited about that one! Braden said that he guesses it ultimately was a good thing that Olive Garden screwed him over on his birthday, since it was a result of that that I started looking for places that actually give you stuff for your birthday.

It just occurred to me that this may be the first post to ever mention both Hooters and Primary. "Today we took the Primary to Hooters for our ward activity, and they had a blast!!..." :)

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

What does Hooters give you for free for your birthday? I really tight t-shirt? :-)

Ker said...

haha, yeah. No, it's a free entree up to $7.99. So I don't know what entrees you can get with that, but it's probably not all that many. TGI Friday's lured people in with free appetizers up to a certain cost, and then when we actually checked it out, the appetizers you could get at that price weren't very good. So I'm not holding my breath. :)

annahannah said...

From your posts, I see you really growing through your calling. To grow is to stretch, and that's usually uncomfortable in the process. But as you accept and magnify callings you are more useful to the Lord. LOVE YA!!