Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Jenna Sayings

Jenna is right at that stage where she is starting to put words into sentences, and she cracks us up on a regular basis. Here are some examples, just within the past day:

Braden (while changing Jenna): Where's Jenna booty?
Jenna: Where'd Jenny booty go? (reaches for it) Oh, there it is!

Jenna (in the bathroom; Jenna always comes in with me): Mommy potty!
Ker: Mommy went pee-pee in the potty!
Jenna: Mommy goldfish? (She gets a reward of goldfish when she goes in the potty)

At the mall play area, Braden, Jenna and a 4-year-old girl were playing tag:
Braden: I got you!
Jenna (screaming at the top of her lungs but touching no one): I GOT YOU!!!!!!

In the car tonight:
Ker (after an annoyed comment about the car in front of us driving so slowly): Mommy cry?
(I said this jokingly because a couple of days ago, I kind of chewed out someone who cut me off; nothing bad or anything, but Jenna's response was to say, "Mommy cry" because she could tell I was upset, and she's really in tune to people's emotions.)
Jenna: Noooooo. Mommy E [insert our last name]!!


She also jokes around with us, too. She's such a comedian. This conversation happens on a regular basis when Braden puts Jenna down for the night:

Braden: Bye, Jenna.
Jenna: Bye, Mommy.
Braden: I'm not Mommy; I'm Daddy.
Jenna: Bye, Katie.
Braden: I'm not Katie; I'm Daddy!
Jenna: Bye, Gama (Grandma). [rinse, repeat....inserting whatever random name she wants]

She is her parents' daughter for sure; she thinks she's sooooo funny. :)

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Funny gal!

annahannah said...

I wish I couldn't find MY booty.