Sunday, July 29, 2007

the sort of latest


A week ago Saturday we went to the stake center to play a little softball. Braden had a blast, while I watched Jenna...which was fine, since I'm not quite feeling up to running around. I did bat once, though, but I flied out.

The pitcher for the other team was one of those "I'm really a fast pitch player, but I'm going to pretend I can do slow pitch", so it took forever before I actually got a pitch I would consider swinging at, and even then it was pretty lousy. Ah well. Braden was so excited to play, and I love watching how excited he is about it. We didn't have softball the next week, b/c there was a pioneer day celebration. I was telling Braden how I really don't have any strong feelings one way or the other about Pioneer Day, since I'd never even heard of it until I was 18 and in Utah. I mean, it's cool that the pioneers made it to the Salt Lake and could settle down in peace, don't get me wrong. I guess if you don't grow up with a holiday and no one around you makes a big deal out of it, it's not quite the same thing to you as it is to someone who did grow up celebrating it.


Jenna sleeps on her tummy about 9 times out of 10 now, I would say. And that's pretty much her prerogative, unless I want to go in her room and turn her over 50 times before she falls asleep...and I don't. I go in every so often to check to make sure she's breathing and not face-planting, but for the most part I just let her be. She actually sleeps much better on her tummy...much more soundly.

No comments: