Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Quick Update

Ker here.  I'm sleep-deprived.  You probably won't be hearing from me much in the next few weeks.  Besides, for some reason my back still bothers me when I sit at the computer, among other things.  Anyway, things are slowly improving on the nursing front, although I can never really get into a comfortable position, and there are still other issues.  I must say, even though nursing is difficult, it sure helps things when you have a baby who wants to nurse.  Katie wants to; Jenna didn't.  Katie currently is not too keen on sleeping at night.  She likes to sleep on her tummy or in the bed with us, and neither of those are good options or lead to restful sleep for Mommy and Daddy.  We're working on that, but it also doesn't help that we don't want her squealing to wake up Jenna, so the crying it out thing is tricky right now (we'll try that later on, I think, and see how it goes; she's so young right now).

We went to the pediatrician today, and she said that Katie has a very slight heart murmur.  She said she doesn't think it's anything to worry about (she'd put it at a 1 out of 6 and didn't think another doctor would have even heard it; she's just really into cardiology), but she wants us to make an appointment with a cardiologist to make sure everything's okay.  She also said she thinks it's something that will eventually go away on its own.  Anyway, we're seeing her again at the end of the week, and I'll make an appointment with the cardiologist in the meantime. 

I did have some injury in the delivery; I'll phrase it that way, BUT my postpartum recovery is going sooooo much better this time around.  Now I can understand why some moms are able to walk around a few days after giving birth, which I was amazed at before, since all I knew was how horrible my pain was after Jenna's birth.  Things aren't all rosy, of course, but compared to last time, the difference is astounding.  I am so grateful that Katie's delivery went so much more smoothly. 

Thanks to my mom for helping out so much, both with Jenna and Katie.  I think I'll keep her.  :)

Thanks to my hubbin for all his help as well.  I wish he didn't have to go back to work tomorrow.  I'm definitely keeping him.

I'd best get to bed.  I might have gotten 4 hours of sleep last night, and that's a generous estimate. 

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Yippee! An update!! I'm so happy to hear from you and glad to hear that things are going better this time around. Hang in there with the nursing. I'm glad Katie is at least willing. :-)

Stay tuned for baby details from the Millers! (I hope sooner rather than later.)

Gina said...

I'm glad things seem to be going well. Unfortunately, the sleep deprivation takes quite awhile to get over...especially with a nursing baby.

Great work though! Keep it up!

Gina