Monday, October 6, 2008

Guess Who's Back, Back Again

Guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back....duh da duh da dum dum

Anyway, we are!  We got back yesterday from my brother's wedding in Portland.  It was a very nice ceremony and reception, and we got some great pictures that we have been forbidden to post until Ryan gives the go-ahead (which will not be until after their honeymoon).  So...the masses shall have to wait to see how dashing he was and how beautiful Vicki looked.  We had a little bit of a window between rain and more rain, and Braden was able to get some nice pictures both in the temple atrium and right outside the temple.  I don't think I'd ever been to the Portland temple before Friday; it's beautiful!  It reminds me of the San Diego temple, which is my second favorite (not that I've been there, but from the pictures I've seen, it's gorgeous). 

After the wedding, a bunch of us went to Sweet Tomatoes, which is a buffet place that I thought was only in Arizona.  I absolutely love the caesar salad there, and I hadn't had it since 1999, so I ended up giving myself some wicked heartburn from eating so much of it.  I discovered the heartburn after we went back to Vicki's Mormon mom's place to take a nap after eating....hoooooooh, boy!  It was actually the first heartburn I've experienced in pregnancy, and I have more than a sneaking suspicion that it was because I ate way too much, and there is no more room for big meals!!  I ended up having bad heartburn again that night, but that was from spicy buffalo chicken, which was at Shari's, where we went after the reception.  I still find it hard to believe that in a 15 page menu, I could not find a single thing I wanted to eat.  I apologized to the waitress several times because I took so long to order. 

Anyway, the ring ceremony was at 6pm, and it was so nice.  It was great to get to listen to some of Vicki's family.  Unfortunately, Jenna was the most talkative I've ever seen her, or maybe it was because there was no background noise to make her not seem so loud.  My goodness!!!  Braden covered her mouth, told her to whisper, gave her various cards (Costco, credit) to play with, took her to the back of the room, out of the room, all to no avail.  She has just been such a chatterbox lately; it's like this explosion of words that she can't hold in.

The gym was decorated so beautifully for the reception.  I loved the wedding cake; it was simple but gorgeous.  Ryan and Vicki danced their "first dance" to Loreena McKennitt (not sure what the song is called; this song is the only one I know by her, but it's a different one).  They then had a couple of toasts, read by Mom and Vicki's mom on behalf of Ryan's sorta twin Ty and Vicki's twin sister, respectively.  Then they cut that beautiful cake!!  Such a shame, but I *guess* it had to be done.  :)

Braden and Jenna weren't feeling well, so after eating, we went back to our hostess' house and crashed.  We can always tell when Jenna is sick, because she actually wants to cuddle with us.  She actually fell asleep on our bed (unheard of), but I kicked her out after a few minutes, because holy loud breather.  I also am just not a fan of starting a "I want to sleep in Mommy and Daddy's bed" trend at 18 months, even though I know that one time won't necessarily lead to anything like that.  However, the bed wasn't big enough for all of us anyway, so it's a moot point. 

I have more to post about Vancouver, and what we did there on the way to Portland and back, plus the good old "gee, I'm wishing my prego body was able to handle the trip better than it has so far!"  That post will have to wait for now, because it's time to hit the sack.  Good night, everybody!

No comments: