Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Parents are Funny

Recently, I was thinking about the weird/funny things we do when we become parents. I'm talking about the funny rhymes, nicknames and phrases we come up with out of the blue when we start communicating with our children, especially when they are very small. Here are a few of mine:

Song "Parodies"

"Ohhhhhhh, ohhhhhhhh, I'm a poopy girl!! Poopy, poopy, poopy, poopy, poopy girl!" - to the tune of "Happy Girl" by Martina McBride. I seldom get through the second sentence without laughing. I sing this to Jenna when I'm changing a messy diaper, obviously. :) Sometimes I change the "I'm" to "you're".

"I love my Jennnna! I love her boooooooty. She is my baaaaaaby. Jenna, I love yoooooooouuuuu, yeah, yeah!!" To the tune of "I Got My Baby" by Faith Hill.

"Oooooh, I love my little giiiiiiirrl!" From "There Goes My Life" by Kenny Chesney.


Random Phrases

"Look at this little booty, look at this little booty!!!" - I don't know where I got this from, but it's really fun to do! Poor Jenna. :)


Nicknames

Jenna Bear, Jenna Bo, the Schmenna. The last one is as in, "I'm gonna go get the Schmenna up."

I know I have others, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I may add stuff as I think of it.

I like to sing Anne Murray songs to Jenna, too. I love the ones from the Sesame Street album she did waaaaaaaay back in 1979. Good times.

"Sleep, child, and when you do, dream a dream to drift you through the night, that lingers through the day. Tonight, if dreams are few, I'll sing this lullaby for you. Sleep, child, for dreams always come true."

No comments: