Sunday, October 14, 2007

What? I can't hear you. Jenna is "talking"

This is what I have to deal with on a regular basis. I know you all envy me.



Jenna does this randomly, just to talk. Sometimes it's because she wants to move, but most of the time, she is just seeing what she can do with her voice. SHE IS SOOOO LOUD. And the thing is, I can't call attention to it when she's doing it, or else she learns, "this is how I get Mommy to pay attention to me", but arrrrrrgh. Any ideas on how to encourage other forms of expression would be most welcome. I hope she grows out of it soon!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

My advice, in all seriousness, is just to learn to live with it. :-) Certainly there are times that are called for more quite, like church. But I figure when you have another baby it's just going to get twice as loud anyway!

I think it's all a matter of perspective. With 4 kids now, I've grown pretty accustomed to the noise levels around here. But when we have friends over and we have 6-8 kids in the house I think, "Man it's so loud!" Then when our friends go home my 4 kids don't seem so noisy to me any more. :-)

Braden said...

Well, yeah, that's what I'm doing. But I sure wish she would learn to do something else!

annahannah said...

i bear testimony to jenna's shrieking loudness