Tuesday, February 19, 2008

'Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy!

This post was originally going to be about my current favorite song, but then I got to thinking about misheard lyrics. You see, Braden heard me listening to this song, and he thought the chorus went, "But it's too late to father a child" instead of "But it's too late to apologize". And anyway, he's already fathered a child, so I think we're okay there. :)

So I thought I would put a couple of other good ones up here for your entertainment:

In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel
As heard by 11 year old Ryan: "Oh my, it stinks..."
Actual lyric: "All my instincts, they return..."
(I remember that he and I were in the car in Bountiful, UT when he turned to me with a puzzled expression and repeated what he'd heard)

Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice
As heard by 12 year old Ker: "Rubba-da-bubba..."
Actual lyric: "Bumper to bumper..."
(In 7th grade, I took it upon myself to write out the lyrics and, as you can tell, some of them I really couldn't figure out!)

Check out The Archive of Misheard Lyrics for more of the same.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I've never heard that song before. I don't listen to much radio these days. My kids have been on a Wiggles kick in the car.

annahannah said...

I always loved misheard lyrics.

Carolyn said...

ever since i listened that song, it has been stuck in my head.

Braden said...

Yeah, I know...it's very catchy. :)