Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wow

I didn't think it had been almost 2 weeks since I last posted. A lot has happened.

We were all set to accept a 13 week travel assignment to Crescent City, CA when a full-time job offer in Sacramento, CA came through literally an hour before the former job was offered to Braden. Two job offers in an hour...craziness. So, since the Sacramento one is full-time with great benefits (plus way better weather), we are heading off to Sacramento in about 3 weeks. I think I'm more stressed than Braden at this point, since almost all of the packing falls on me, because Braden is working a lot in the next 3 weeks. I have gotten pretty much nothing done so far, because Braden hasn't been around much, and the two girls take up almost all of my time as it is. I'm not knocking Braden, I'm just stating fact. Almost all my free time right now is being used to search for a place for us to live. We've found some promising places, but have not decided on anything yet.

Anyway, Katie is fully mobile again, rolling around the living room. It's fun to see her figure out how to get stuff she wants. I think she is going through a growth spurt, and maybe I've been too dense to realize it. She just screams the past few days like something is seriously wrong, and maybe instead of freaking out, I should try feeding her right away when she does that. Maybe she's just starving all the time. She was doing that earlier this evening and is now happily rolling around after I finally fed her. I didn't think it was time for her to eat! Just when I get used to her feeding schedule, she has to go and change it up on me. I wish babies would just wear a sign, "I'M GOING THROUGH A GROWTH SPURT; FEED ME, MOMMY". Ugh. It'd be so much easier.

Jenna is more and more independent these days. She did not fall asleep at all during naptime today, and when I finally went and got her, she was holding a poopy diaper and had nothing else in her crib. I immediately changed her and then her pellet-y sheets. Gross.

She also wipes her nose on her hand and then holds it out to me, saying "Grossy." She asks for "nugget chicken" a lot and says that we are moving to "california sacramento!" She does say "sacramento california" sometimes, too. Pretty clearly, actually. Jenna loves wearing dresses...is she really my daughter?? :)

Anyway, I could say a lot more, but it's time for bed, and I'm a tired babe. So is Katie.

1 comment:

Braden said...

Tell Katie that it would be a more effective sign if she put the "feed me mommy" part first, as we adults have short attention spans, and might otherwise stop paying attention prior to getting to the pertinent informatin.